Monday, June 11, 2007

WORK!

Outline for ERSATZ is done and off. It's the last thing I should be working on at this point, but it was the thing on the To Do Pile that I could get moved on to the next phase of development fastest, and after the (to put it mildly) lackluster work week I had, I really needed to feel like I'd made some progress on something.

Gave myself a deadline of Wednesday night for the revised outline for the final 40-pager of UP1. And then I told the editor that was the deadline. Which he wasn't asking about. But nothing gets me working harder than knowing someone's going to give me grief if I don't.

Also got to deal with the revised revised (revised) outline for INCURSION and get that script rolling at a decent clip.

***

It's nice that people who make movies like my work; it'd be nicer if people who make movies and have money liked my work. Oh well. Beggars and choosers.

***

Big congratulations to Happy Harbor Comics for winning the Harry Kremer Outstanding Canadian Comic Retailer Award on Saturday. I have a hard time envisioning a store that deserves it more (but then I must admit I've got a soft spot for the comic shop that bought and sold 10% or more of the total volumes moved of PARTING WAYS and DONE TO DEATH.)

Foley

No comments: