Tuesday, November 6, 2007

R&R

Quick notes from someone who has almost nothing to do and yet is still having trouble finding time to do it:

Thanks to everyone for the anniversary well-wishing. Much appreciated.

T and I spent a very nice weekend in Calgary, thanks to Mum, Dad, and numerous friends and acquaintances. It's sad that I've got more friends in Calgary than Edmonton. Or it would be if I liked being around people more than I generally do.

***

The only thing that could've made the weekend better would've been my being conscious. Bouts of insomnia hit me almost every day last week, including Friday night. Finally started catching up on sleep Saturday night and have been in a coma pretty much since I got home.

I still love sleep.

***

Some people in Calgary noticed that I hadn't continued my dissection of Zeros 2 Heroes and asked why. There are a number of reasons, not the least of which is, someone else actually wrote the post I was going to do prior to my doing it. I did a short version of the post and put it up at my Z2H blog, where I've also been inflicting my wisdom on the would-be creators who hang out there (it was something to do when I couldn't sleep). That doesn't really seem like something that'd be of interest to most of the people I know who're reading the non-Z2H blogs, but if someone's actually interested in my Z2H-specific blathering, let me know and I'll either post it or link to it.

***

Three Great Things about Calgary: The Ship & Anchor's Ship Burger with the works (plus guacamole), my parents, my parents' shower. I love that thing. It carves five pounds off your body every time you step into the blast of water it produces.

***

The Greatest Garment Devised By Man: An oversized (size 4XL) night shirt. I need to get me many, many more of these.

***

Tiina celebrated Hallowe'en by buying enough candy to put my into hypoglycemic shock just by looking at it, decorating the yard, and giving kids gift baskets and, occasionally, copies of Parting Ways (the latter going only to the older kids.) I celebrated Hallowe'en by taking Data for a walk without changing out of my pyjamas and robe.

***

My teeth hurt. Really, really bad.

***

My back is aching in a particular way that tells me Happy Harbor Volume 3 is edging closer to reality.

***

I really wish I was in Los Angeles or New York right now so I could picket with the writers who belong to the union I want to join.

***

That's all I've got for now.

A

No comments: