Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Quote of the Day/Dribs and Drabs

“Ideas are like pumpkins, they just float through the air, and hit people on the head”. Alan Moore, quoting R.A.Lafferty.

***

Things are going neither badly nor particularly well. Lots of waiting to do, which means a fair amount of worrying. It's irritating knowing there's going to be no information coming any time soon, because anyone who might have any's going to be preoccupied with San Diego.

Weather's been apocalyptic in the best way the last few nights. Lots of lightning. Terrible for the animals and my sinuses, but vaguely energizing, somehow. Energy I desperately need at the moment...

Latest spec movie script is like pulling teeth. I've been putting off working on anything else while I force myself just to get a basic first draft done, after which it should get easier. For me, at least, it's easier to fix something than create it. Then again, polishing material is usually 90% of my process on any given piece, which, if this script follows suit, means I'll be finished with it sometime in 2016...

It occurred to me the other day that I may be a better editor than I am writer. Then I decided that was stupid. What I am is a more successful editor than writer. At least this year, I am, seeing as I'm making money editing and, well, not from writing. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about that...

Tori Amos' COMIC BOOK TATTOO is really neat to look at, but it's a stone-cold bitch to carry boxes of eight copies up a flight of stairs. At least Belle & Sebastian's anthology clocked in at a manageable size...

A

No comments: