Monday, April 21, 2008

Prepare to Bow Down Before Your Lizard Masters...

"Italian wall lizards introduced to a tiny island off the coast of Croatia are evolving in ways that would normally take millions of years to play out, new research shows.

In just a few decades the 5-inch-long (13-centimeter-long) lizards have developed a completely new gut structure, larger heads, and a harder bite, researchers say..."

I wonder how long it'll be before some religious wingnut declares this to be evidence the world's only 6000 years old...

In other news, I'm going to be a guest at this weekend's Calgary Comic and Entertainment Expo. I mean, I guess I'm a guest, my table's in the guest section rather than Artist's Alley, which is where it's traditionally been located. But come to think of it, I technically was a guest for those shows, while I haven't been announced or anything official at this one. Neither has SECRET HISTORY OF THE AUTHORITY: JACK HAWKSMOOR artist and The Future of Comics (I) Fiona Staples, who has the table next to me--apparently there is no escape for her from me at CCEE--which is a greater omission from the PR than me...

Anyway. If you're going, come say hi, listen to me try and come up with a decent sales pitch for THE HOLIDAY MEN EXTRA SPECIAL COLLECTIBLE BLACK AND WHITE PRINT VARIANT EDITION #1. Hell, just come listen to me try and *say* "THE HOLIDAY MEN EXTRA-SPECIAL COLLECTIBLE BLACK AND WHITE PRINT VARIANT EDITION #1." It oughta be good for a laugh (for you--by the end of the weekend Fiona will probably be ready to burst into tears at the very thought of it). You'll recognize me as the guy who doesn't play Lex Luthor on SMALLVILLE. I'm at table G29.

A

No comments: