Friday, July 18, 2008

Suddenly, Without Warning

What a bizarre week. Almost none of the stuff I was hoping would happen did (most of it could still happen yet, but I'd've been happier if they happened faster), and a bunch of things I didn't expect to happen happened instead.

So, while I spent most of Monday and Tuesday thinking I'd have been better off putting a pen through my eyeball and deep into my brain instead of ever putting one to paper, and Wednesday shuffling around being what I believe the kids call "emo", tonight I find myself thinking I may actually be able to make a career out of this comics thing yet.

Now if the stuff I was hoping would happen on Wednesday actually does manage to happen next week (more likely the week after, thank you very much, San Diego Comic Con, for managing to make my life miserable even though I'm not attending you this year), I could actually be on to something.

Even if it doesn't: two steps forward and one step back is still a step forward.

A

PS: Anybody who tells me anything about The Dark Knight before I get to see it will face my wrath (real scary, I know.) I already know more about the film's story than I want to.

No comments: