Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Don't Particularly Want to Reach Out and Touch Someone...

...But I would like the ability to reach out and touch someone if I changed my mind. From an e-mail I sent to Nick Johnson last night:

"First I forgot I was supposed to call.

Then I remembered, but wasn't at home.

Then I got home, but it was after 5:00.

Then I realized I'd lost your number, which has inspired me to put together my very first rolodex/personal phone book.

What's your number again...?"

It took a long time, but I'm finally at the point where 1) with enough prep time, I don't mind talking to people on the phone, 2) my friends and business acquaintances are legion, to the point where I simply can't remember everyone's number, and 3) I've found myself frustrated by an inability to locate the number of someone I actually did want to talk to enough that I'm actually doing something about it.

So: if you think I ought to have your number, please e-mail it or otherwise transmit it to me so I can include it in my brand-spanking new rolodex that, judging by its general appearance and the layer of dust atop it, Tiina had lying in the back of her odds & ends closet since that hunky John Kennedy was President.

If you think I have your number - possibly because you actually gave it to me one or more times over the course of our relationship - think again. Unless you're Nick Johnson or Fiona Staples. The only reason I have my sister's number is because she was walking by the office door when I started fiddling with the rolodex...

***

REBOOT

Strangely enough, the first installment of one of the most recent things I've been editing for Zeros 2 Heroes, a weekly webcomic based on the groundbreaking 3-d computer-animated cartoon ReBoot, is the first of the things I've spent the last several months editing that the public can actually view.

Continuing a comic story started earlier this year, the comic is written by Jeff Campbell, with art by Diego Simone and letters by Ed Brisson. The first three pages went live earlier today; two more pages will appear every Monday (he said, inviting the Gods to prove him wrong.)

The first two comics I edited for Z2H, BLACK JACK O'BREEN, written by John Michael Sullivan, with art by Frank Grau, Jr. and letters by the Mighty Brisson, and KNIGHTCAP: NOVEMBER'S SONG, written by Stephen Cmelak and penciled, inked, coloured, and lettered by The Future of Comics (II) John Keane, should be online shortly, knock on wood.

A

No comments: