Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Comics' Biggest Blight thread on Canadian Geek has transformed into a more general discussion about the state of the industry between a frustrated, successful comics retailer (Happy Harbor's Jay Bardyla), an equally frustrated, not nearly as successful comics creator (me), with occasional interjections from other people trying to get a word in edgewise.

***

Andrew Sullivan on why he blogs. I've only read a page and a half, but it includes some interesting historical bits, including the origin of the term "log", which make it worth mentioning right there.

(via Chad Gervich's Script Notes blog)

***

NO QUARTERLY ASKED

The Future of Comics (I) Fiona Staples has a variant cover on VAMPIRELLA QUARTERLY, and I either just noticed or noticed earlier and forgot. Probably the latter, that sounds like something I'd do.

Anyway. Now she just needs to do something (official) for Red Sonja and she'll have worked on the Pre-1990s Scantily-Clad Ass-Kicking Babe Trifecta, which also includes Sheena. Then she could go back to drawing MY stuff*...

If anyone out there is in touch with someone in a position of authority at Dynamite Comics, please tell them they should hire Fiona for an RS book. End the insanity, before it's too late.

***

DON'T WANNA, NOT GONNA. MAYBE

I don't want to write a zombie story.

I DON'T.

***

I JUST DON'T SEE IT

OK, yeah, there was a communications error and we did the wrong strip.

I still don't understand how you didn't notice that the jet plane was missing, or that there was a robot completely unrelated to the strip in practically all the panels until we were done lettering.

Argh.

***

DEAR GOD, WHY?

I have an idea for a reality-TV show.

Please, shoot me.

***

SCREW YOU, BRITISH COLUMBIA

You know what you did.

A

(*Wishful thinking, I know, but hope springs eternal...)

No comments: