Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Tuesday Night Rambly-Dambling

As I sit--OK, actually lie--here, awaiting notes, pizza, and Law & Order: SVU (not necessarily in that order) I'm actually starting to come up with a story to go with something that would be pitched as "Hannibal Lecter's Adventures During The Zombie Apocalypse." I really do not want to come up with that story, because as soon as I do, I'll feel compelled to write it, which doesn't strike me as a particularly good idea.

Last night I woke up and scribbled the title "Zombie Girlfriend" on a napkin. I think I've been watching too many zombie movies lately. Which is weird, because I don't particularly like the genre. But they're, y'know. There. And I'm reasonably sure I'll find almost all of them more interesting than Twilight.

The British miniseries Dead Set is pretty good, though. The premise could've been played for comedy so easily, but instead it's really dark...worth the three hours just to get to one really nice image at the end that I bet was a major reason the creator wanted to do the project...

Someday I want to pitch a film thusly: "The Godfather meets The Godfather II"...

That is all.

A

No comments: