Saturday, May 9, 2009

Aaaand... Contemplate!

I can't wait to have enough disposable income to become an early adopter.

Or, to put it another way, I want one of the new Kindles. Hell, even an old one...I'm still a luddite, but T and I are pretty much out of shelf space, and the library doesn't carry everything I want to read, certainly not when I want to read it.

Which isn't to say a Kindle would either, but it'd be nice to be able to afford to find out.

***

If I never encounter the phrase "supply content across multiple platforms" ever again, it'll be too soon. F*** content and the multiple platforms it rode in on. I want a story, created for the medium it appears in.

Which isn't to say I'd have a problem reworking a story for another medium, or letting someone else take a crack at it. One of my managers is trying to get screenwriters interested in a film version of The Holiday Men--a project I specifically created not to work as anything other than a comic. That tells me that, at the end of the day, you can twist pretty much any idea into a form that'll work as a movie. Preemptively twisting one into something that will theoretically be more palatable to Hollywood prior to anyone in Hollywood expressing interest it is a bit of a fool's errand, if only because what's palatable to Hollywood shifts on a second-by-second basis.

Or so it seems to me at the moment. Maybe when I'm not sore and tired I'll feel differently.

Oh, wait. I'm always sore and tired...

A

No comments: