Thursday, October 2, 2008

Debatable Quote of the Day

I'd probably be watching the spinners on CNN right now, but the History Channel has a special on King Henry VIII on, and seeing as he's Tiina's favourite King Henry, I'm currently making the rounds checking out various peoples' blogs re: the debate instead. I'm so glad others watch the debate and liveblog their reactions. It gives me a sense of how things went, though admittedly from the perspective of people whose political views are closer to mine than, say, any of the talking heads I'm sure are currently trying to frame the debate as their preferred candidate's utter victory, regardless of, you know...reality. And it saves me from needing to cleanse my home of the Stench of Lies by tossing the television through the living room window.

Best line I've come across so far:
"10:06: “John McCain knows how to win a war!” This is true. McCain won the War Against American Airplanes, and the War Against Being Faithful To His First Wife, and the War Against Coherence. Military wars, no, John McCain hasn’t won any of those." Mightygodking, re: a comment Palin made during the debate. I really want to just cut and paste his entire realtime commentary on the debate - it's hysterical.

Rae_is' is pretty good, too. And by good, I mean it entertained as well as enlightened. Entertained me, anyway. Your mileage may vary, but if you're reading this blog, I can't imagine it varies that much. Any post that starts off with "Oh, my god. Sarah Palin is such a douche." can't be that bad.

A

No comments: