Sunday, September 21, 2008

BoggleBoggleBoggle

So let me see if I've got this straight: George Bush wants Congress to approve of a plan that would see 700 billion taxpayer dollars (theoretically) used to pay off bad debt accumulated by AIG, with no strings attached and no oversight or accountability for

I can't even finish that sentence.

I've tried starting this post a dozen times so far and each time I can't get to the end of the first sentence before my mind breaks. How the people who screwed up this badly haven't been strung up from lamp posts yet is absolutely beyond me. And their lobbyists have the nerve to try and impose terms on the bailout? I mean... I don't even know what I mean. One question has jammed my mind: How is this possible? How is ANY OF IT possible?

***

QUOTE OF THE DAY WEEK ELECTION CYCLE

"Opening up the health insurance market to more vigorous nationwide competition, as we have done over the last decade in banking, would provide more choices of innovative products less burdened by the worst excesses of state-based regulation." John McCain

***

Seriously. The lamp posts are RIGHT THERE.

A

No comments: