Monday, September 8, 2008

The drought is over...

...soon, actual new television shows I've not yet seen will start appearing on television. Tonight it's the season opener of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Tomorrow, Fringe, which I've got a feeling isn't going to grow on me the way Lost eventually did, but I'll hang onto it through September, until more new TV shows up. Doctor Who starts up on CBC on Friday - I managed not to watch the fourth season via alternate means, as it's something T and I like to do together.

By October, I should be back to knowing what day of the week it actually is because of what I watched last night.

***

QUOTE OF THE DAY/THINGS FALL APARTER

"The thing that will eventually doom much of American business is that your executives pay no price for failure. You can become CEO of a corporation, do everything wrong, drive your company into the ground and then retire and buy several mansions with the money they will pay you for doing this." Sony co-founder Akio Morita, quoted by Mark Evanier.

“D.J., it doesn’t matter. There will always be new creators lined up to work with us because of the Hollywood deals.” Platinum Studios' COO Brian Altounian, quoted by DJ Coffman.

If the quote is accurate, it marks quite a change from when I started working with Platinum. Back then, new creators were attracted to the company because they were the only game in town when it came to unknowns pitching original material, and because they promised to publish the comics they contracted people to write - verbally, in e-mail, occasionally even publicly online, but not contractually.

A

No comments: