Friday, June 13, 2008

Bob Dylan is The Fifth Cylon

There, I said it.

Next time I come to a good show late, someone please remind me to wait until the whole series is over before starting it. Now I get to go from 2-19 episodes a day of Battlestar Galactica to none, for the next 6-10 months. Hell, by the time the second half of the "season" (could someone tell me the difference between two seasons of 12-13 episodes is different from a 24 episode season with a bloody great hole of more than half a year between the first and second 12 eps?), I won't even care what happened to--

Well, some of you might not have watched it yet, so I won't spoil the last 2008 episode for you. -koff-ApolloisaCylon-koff- I will say it has not, as yet, gone where I thought it was going to go--not that it ever has, really, which is one of the great things about the show. But with a limited number of episodes left and a mystery to solve, I'm wondering if it's actually going to end the show's entire run where I thought they were going to go...well, with this episode, leaving the potential for a spin-off sequel (as opposed to the tentative prequel they're working on) series or movie.

Then again, there is still half a season to go--a full season, if you're a show like Dexter. So maybe we'll still get the conflict I've been anticipating ever since Dean Stockwell yelled the immortal words, "Say what?" Now we just need one of the Cylons to say "Take me to your leader." and I can call it a life.

Actually, someone on the show's already done that, haven't they? Baltar...?

Anyway. I will now probably turn my attention to Mad Men, which everyone seems to think is the bee's knees, but which didn't do a whole lot for me in the episode I actually caught.

And then, someday, I'll actually do some work of my own.

A

No comments: