Monday, June 23, 2008

Things fall apart

Back's really getting irritating, now. It's not that it hurts (though it does), so much as that it makes even the simplest physical activities risky (because it could hurt a hell of a lot worse very fast). Working out? No way. Mowing the lawn? Don't think so. Closing the door? Nope. On Saturday I actually HURT MYSELF BY CLOSING A %*#&ING DOOR.

I'm not renowned for my active lifestyle--hell, there are few things I like to do better than revel in my own sloth--but it's different when the element of choice is removed. And even for me, this last week has involved a stunning lack of mobility/activity. I am being driven slowly mad...

***

COMICS. DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT COMICS.

It's kind of sad that I feel like I've got a better shot at catching a break in Hollywood than I do in the comics industry.

Sad to me, anyway.

Making matters worse: Artists, and my inability to find any that don't get better offers fifteen minutes after agreeing to work on something with me.

Woe! Woe is Andrew!

***

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRIAN GUAY

Suck on that, m************! How you like me now?!?!

***
THE PLATINUM STANDARD

I've got to hand it to DJ Coffman. When it comes to his personal experience with PlatinumStudios, he's been publicly calling it down the middle, now, apparently, to his own detriment.

I hope he does get the publishing rights to HERO BY NIGHT back, but after the mail he published on his blog, I'll be kind of surprised if he does. If nothing else, I can see where it'd be a bad precedent to set, from a corporate perspective.

***

UNQUOTE OF THE DAY

There's a really funny line that deserves to be Quote of the Day, but it'd get someone in trouble if it went public, so I'm keeping it to myself.

You would've laughed, though. Trust me.

A

No comments: